- گرم خشک سیوئیاں،ییلو کرین ٹاور اور روشن ممکنات :ووہان عالمی زائرین اور سرمایہ کاروں کو دعوت دے رہاہےPosted 18 hours ago
- PRA Health Sciences selected by Maryland State Medical Society to supply remote patient monitoring and telehealth servicesPosted 22 hours ago
- Hot dry noodles, Yellow Crane Tower and bright prospects: Wuhan extends invitation to global visitors, investorsPosted 2 days ago
- Global Employee Relocations Served by WHR’s International OfficesPosted 2 days ago
- Nikkiso Cryo Inc. New Facility Increases Cryogenic Pump ProductionPosted 2 days ago
- Tim Born becomes Vice President, Oceania and South East Asia for Nikkiso Clean Energy & Industrial Gases GroupPosted 2 days ago
- Industry Leading SAFR Facial Recognition for Live Video Integrated with Geutebrück VMSPosted 3 days ago
- Nyxoah Reports Full Year 2020 ResultsPosted 6 days ago
- PRA’s remote patient monitoring platform selected by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany to work in combination with its human growth hormone treatment systemPosted 7 days ago
- سی آئی ایف ایف ګوانگزو 4000 کوالټی برانډز سره 357،809 زائرینو له یو ځائ کويPosted 1 week ago
Cabinet Committee on Energy Refers National Electricity Policy to Cabinet
The Cabinet Committee on Energy (CCoE) met under the Chairmanship of the Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Special Initiatives, Asad Umar.
The meeting was informed that the proposed policy was aimed at ensuring universal access of electricity through a self-sustainable power sector, developed and premised on: optimal utilization of indigenous resources; integrated planning approach; efficient and liquid market design; and affordable and environment-friendly outcome for the consumers.
Secretary Power Division briefed the CCoE on the salient features of the policy, including its principle objectives and details of the proposed actions. Representatives from the Provincial governments also participated in the meeting.
After a detailed discussion and taking into account the observations and suggestions of the representatives of Provincial Governments, the Committee directed the Power Division to incorporate the agreed recommendations and submit the same to the Cabinet.
Following Cabinet endorsement, the policy would be presented to the CCI for final approval.
Chairman Committee, Asad Umar, said that the decentralization of the approach must be a guiding principle.
He also directed the Power Division to come back with the proposal in a couple of weeks regarding the way forward and finalize this policy. He said that the Ministry of Planning would provide whatever coordination role or assistance required to the Power Division.
Chairman Committee, Asad Umar, said that the main focus of the policies is to provide affordable electricity supply to the citizens, generation on a least-cost basis, and financial viability of sectors through budgetary subsidy and reduction of losses.
The meeting was attended by Minister for Energy, Omar Ayub Khan, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shibli Faraz, SAPM on Petroleum, Nadeem Babar, Secretary Energy Punjab, Secretary Energy KP, Secretary Energy Sindh, Secretary Energy Balochistan, and official of various divisions.