- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 2 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 3 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 3 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 3 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 4 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 4 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 4 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 4 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 4 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 4 days ago
Business: GRI levy could affect kinnow export badly, Ahmad Jawad
Islamabad: General Rate Increase GRI from the shipping lines that may imposed today from January 1st could affect the outgoing kinnow export, said Chief Executive Officer Harvest Tradings Ahmad Jawad.
In a press statement he said that kinnow export already faced many issues from the start of season and with addition of GRI cost increased around PKR 150,000 on each shipment. In result kinnow export price will not be competitive with other countries oranges, he added.
He said that our kinnow is already expensive in the international market due to high input cost and with the addition of these miscellaneous expenses; buyers may cancel the coming two month orders due to cost.
CEO requested the government highups to look matter seriously in a supportive way. “If this decision not reverse or subsidized; then we has no choice to delete Indonesia and other key kinnow markets from our mind, he reiterated. Our kinnow is the only product in Pakistani Fruits who currently earn between $90 to 100 million per year which gives a good contribution to our national kitty. We should avoid decisions in haste which could affect our country export; he remarked.