- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 7 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 23 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 1 day ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 1 day ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 1 day ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 1 day ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 1 day ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 1 day ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 2 days ago
Anti-polio drive begins Monday
Ratodero, Sindh: This year’s 3day 9th round of polio eradication program will commence on Monday during which all children up to 5 years residing anywhere in 46 union councils of all four talukas of Larkana district will be given polio drops by about 600 teams which will be monitored by 46 medical officers of these union councils, DHO office told PPI here on Sunday.
The officials said that 3 to 4 people have been posted as area incharges. These union councils are to be covered by mobile, fixed, transit & roaming teams and about 300, 000 children are the target of the district.
The 4th day i.e. December 20 will be catch up day to cover missed children recorded during first three days, officials told.
Only one case has so far been detected as confirmed polio in UC Saidudero of Larkana district. Any case or cases suspected are thoroughly investigated and stool samples are sent to NIH Islamabad for virus isolation. If polio virus is isolated the case is labelled as confirmed, they further said. So far 50 such cases have been investigated but only one has been confirmed mentioned above.
The officials said that police help is sought in far flung & riverine areas. It may be mentioned here that female workers were manhandled in Larkana during previous polio round due to which most female workers feel insecure for which the District Health Officer, Larkana will have to take foolproof measures so that no such thing happens.