- The 8th Forum on China-ASEAN Technology Transfer and Collaborative Innovation Unveiled in NanningPosted 7 hours ago
- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 21 hours ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 21 hours ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 2 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 3 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 4 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 4 days ago
- HIMSS & Health 2.0 Launch Middle East Digital Health Conference and Exhibition 29 Nov.-2 Dec., 2020Posted 4 days ago
- Sustained Economic Development Remains a Heated Topic at the IFF Held in NanshaPosted 4 days ago
- دنیا کے ساتھ قدم سے قدم ملا کر ،مستقبل سے بات کرتے ہوئے: گوانگژو کا نانشا سائی ٹیک اختراعات کے نئے اُفق دریافت کررہاہے۔Posted 7 days ago
Anniversary: Ahmed Rushdi’s death anniversary to be observed on April 11th
Islamabad: Popular singer Ahmed Rushdi’s death anniversary will be observed on 11th April by thousands of his fans across the country.
Ahmed Rushdi‚ a master of all moods was adept at singing all styles‚ like happy‚ comedy‚ tragedy‚ qawwali‚ lullaby‚ and patriotic‚ pop‚ revolutionary or folk numbers.
Syed Ahmed Rushdi was born on 24th April‚ 1934‚ in a well respected Hyderabad Deccan family. Singing was strictly disallowed in his household‚ but Rushdi was crazy about music and wanted to sing all sorts of songs. In this context‚ he met many talented seniors‚ and took admission in a small music school by another name.
In 1954‚ he came to Karachi with his family‚ and gave an audition at Radio Pakistan. He first sang Himayat Ali Shaer’s poem‚ soon followed another hit‚ Bandar Road se Keamari‚ which was a megahit of the times. Rushdi sang his first number for the film Karnama 1956 and sang over 800 songs in films till 1983.
Since 1976‚ Ahmed Rushdi was a heart patient and his doctors advised him to abstain from singing but Rushdi refused by saying that music was his life. When he had a second heart attack in 1981‚ he was composing a musical album. On the night of April 11‚ 1983‚ he had a third heart attack. He was immediately taken to the hospital but pronounced dead by the doctors. He was 48.
In recognition of Rushdi’s services‚ he has been decorated with a Pride of Performance posthumously.