- ینگ شینگ اناج اور تیل کی مہم ٹائمز اسکوائر، نیو یارک، یو ایس اے میں نشرPosted 3 days ago
- Yingshang Grains and Oils Campaign Appears at Times Square, New York, USAPosted 3 days ago
- Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth FellowsPosted 3 days ago
- Sabin Vaccine Institute Funds Researchers to Investigate COVID-19 Misinformation, Design Solutions to Increase Vaccine AcceptancePosted 4 days ago
- ٹی سی ایل کی جانب سے سی ای ایس 2021 کے موقع پر مختلف کیٹیگریز میں نئی مصنوعات کی رونمائی- ٹی وی ،آڈیو،موبائل اور جدید گھریلو مصنوعاتPosted 4 days ago
- At CES 2021 TCL Unveils Newest Products in Multi-Categories – TV, Audio, Mobile and Smart Home AppliancesPosted 4 days ago
- سنیک ویڈو نے افتتاحی مواد کے ساتھ پاکستان میں اپنی پہلی تخلیق کار یعنی افتیتاحی کنٹینٹ اکیڈمی کی شروعات کردی ہیںPosted 4 days ago
- SnackVideo Kickstarts Its First Creator Academy in Pakistan with Inaugural Content CreatorsPosted 4 days ago
- سی آر آر سی نے آسٹریلیا میں چینی ثقافتی لائبریریاں قائم کردیںPosted 5 days ago
- سی آرآرسی “چائنا بوکسفیلف” په آسټریلیا کښې د چینی ثقافت لائبریریاني جوړويPosted 5 days ago
All set for enhancing capacity of Dhabeji pumping station
Karachi: Project to increase the water supply capacity of Asia’s largest pumping station situated at Dhabeji would be inaugurated on Thursday. The project would cost 1 Billion 280 million rupees and the foundation stone would be laid by Governor of Sindh Dr. Ishrat ul Ebad Khan.
Managing Director Karachi Water & Sewerage Board Misbahuddin Farid stated this during his emergency visit to Dhabeji, Gharo and Pipri Pumping Stations. Project Director Dhabeji Hassan Eijaz Kazmi, Chief Engineer Bulk Iftikhar Ahmed, Chief Engineer WTM, Anwar Saeed, Chief Engineer E&M Syed Zaheer Abbass and other senior officers were also present with him.
Pumping station at Dhabeji was establish in 1950s and with the increase in demand the number of motors were increased periodically. Right now there are six phases of Dhabeji Pumping Station providing 550 million gallons of water daily. Most of these pumps have outlived their technical life and cost huge sums in repair and maintenance causing disruption in the water supply to Karachi.
M.D KW&SB said that the Government understanding the difficult situation approved funs of 1 billion 280 million rupees for 5 new pumps to be installed at Dhabeji Pumping Station. Moreover, negotiations with USAID program are under progress for the repair and maintenance of the other pumps.
He said that Karachiites heartily thank President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari, Governor of Sindh Dr. Ishrat ul Ebad, Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, Minister Local Bodies Agha Siraj Durrani and Haq Parast Members of Sindh Assembly who took personal interest in the project in order to reduce the problems faced by citizens.
He directed the hardworking engineers of KW&SB to keep the motors under observation and resolve any problems as they rise, since these motors and pumps are the backbone of the water supply system to Karachi.
He said that being the head of the institution I acknowledge their hard work and services and am sure that due to the hard work and efforts of KW&SB Engineers, citizens of Karachi would witness a drastic change in the water supply condition of the city.