- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 10 hours ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 17 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 1 day ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 2 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 2 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 2 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 2 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 2 days ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 2 days ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 2 days ago
Algerian Hostage Crisis Adds to Oil’s Reflationary Play — City Index UK
LONDON–(Marketwire – January 21, 2013) – City Index UK: The ongoing hostage crisis in Algeria’s highest-producing gas field adds a new element of risk to the oil equation, beyond the familiar “known” fear factors from Iran, Syria and Libya. The Algerian government’s armed reaction in less than 10 hours to the siege was a firm message to terrorists demanding the freeing of prisoners in Mali and withdrawal of French troops from Algeria’s southern neighbour.
Read Full Article at cityindex.co.uk: Algerian Hostage Crisis Adds to Oil’s Reflationary Play
One implication to Algeria’s firm response would be that further terrorists attacks targeting Algerian energy interests are unlikely, since Algeria would neither consider negotiations, much less, fulfill kidnapper’s demands. The situation is highly unlikely to turn into that of Nigeria where rebels’ attacks at refineries and pipelines are a frequent occurrence.
Part of the reason Algeria has so far resisted the spread of the Arab Spring, seen in Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Syria is that the third largest gas supplier to Europe has had its own civil war in the 1990s. The Algerian governments’ stern reaction is a vocal message aimed at preventing the current events of becoming a tipping point to renewed violence in the Sahel region spreading North near the Capital.
As the risk premium to energy prices is boosted by a new source and global central banks pile on their own reflationary policies, targeting bond yields (ECB), unemployment (Fed) and CPI (BoJ), oil prices are likely to remain supported. Read more
About City Index:
City Index is one of the world leaders in spread betting and CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, Forex and spread betting over the past 29 years.
At City Index, we offer 24-hour spread betting on thousands of financial markets around the world. We offer some of the tightest spreads in the spread betting industry and our markets include shares, indices, currencies, metals, commodities, sectors, bonds, interest rates and more.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.