- The First Hainan International Tourism Equipment Expo Held at the Hainan Free Trade PortPosted 9 hours ago
- China’s Hainan Free Trade Port Holds the 21st CarnivalPosted 10 hours ago
- The MILLA Group Selects the Leddar Pixell From LeddarTech for the MILLA POD Autonomous ShuttlePosted 2 days ago
- 10kW+ Laser Cutting Machine Made a Sales Record of 260 Sets, Bodor Laser Constantly Surprises the MarketPosted 3 days ago
- ننشا میں منعقدہ آئی ایف ایف میں سسٹین ایبل اکنامک ڈیویلپمنٹ ایک گرما گرم موضوع بنا ہوا ہےPosted 3 days ago
- SNOMED CT supports New Zealand’s Canterbury District Health Board realize vision of a data driven, connected and integrated health systemPosted 3 days ago
- HIMSS & Health 2.0 Launch Middle East Digital Health Conference and Exhibition 29 Nov.-2 Dec., 2020Posted 4 days ago
- Sustained Economic Development Remains a Heated Topic at the IFF Held in NanshaPosted 4 days ago
- دنیا کے ساتھ قدم سے قدم ملا کر ،مستقبل سے بات کرتے ہوئے: گوانگژو کا نانشا سائی ٹیک اختراعات کے نئے اُفق دریافت کررہاہے۔Posted 6 days ago
- OKEx to resume withdrawals after the temporary suspensionPosted 7 days ago
Action ordered against hoarding, unjustified price hike
KARACHI: Chief Secretary Sindh Mohammad Ejaz Chaudhry taking notice of newspaper reports about public problems and complaints, has directed divisional and district administration officials to take steps to overcome unjustified price hike of consumer goods across Sindh province.
He said that stern action should be taken against the people involved in hoarding, fabricated shortage and unjustified price raise of eatables. “The sale of hazardous goods should be brought into end”, he said.
The Chief Secretary said called upon Department of Supply and Prices, Home Department and Local Government Department Secretaries and Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners to enhance mutual coordination to take action against hoarding and unjustified price hike of eatables besides evolving effective strategy to resolve such menaces.
The monitoring of purchase and sale of consumers goods be ensured and those violating laws in this regard be punished and fined. He also stressed the need to overcome adulteration in milk, ghee and spices.