- 2019 چنگدو گلوبل انوویشن اور انٹرپرینیورشپ فیئر میں 33.3 بلین آر ایم بی کی ان ٹرانزیکشنز کی تکمیلPosted 23 hours ago
- RMB33.3b in Transactions Completed at the 2019 Chengdu Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship FairPosted 2 days ago
- 2019 جنوب اور جنوب مشرقی ایشیا کی اشیاء کی ایکسپو اور سرمایہ کاری میلہ چین کے یونان کے کن مینگ میں منعقدPosted 3 days ago
- 2019 South & Southeast Asia Commodity Expo and Investment Fair held in Kunming, China’s YunnanPosted 5 days ago
- زوزین اور ایک پاکستانی فیڈ انٹرپرائز باہمی فوائد اور برابری سطح کا تعاون حاصل کرتے ہوئےPosted 6 days ago
- ZOZEN and a Pakistan feed enterprise achieve mutual benefits and win-win cooperationPosted 1 week ago
- Melissa All-in-One Identity Verification to be Highlighted at FinTech Junction 2019Posted 1 week ago
- فینګ چینګ کینګ سټي کې د نړیوالو طبي سهولتونو او مرستو تابیاPosted 2 weeks ago
- فینگ چینگ کینگ سٹی میں بین الاقوامی طبی جدت اور تعاون کے فورم کا انعقادPosted 2 weeks ago
- International Medical Innovation and Cooperation Forum held in Fangchenggang CityPosted 2 weeks ago
Access to information is the fundamental right of citizens: Mossarat
Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Caretaker Minister for Information and Education, Mossarat Qadeem has said that access to information is the fundamental right of citizens and the caretaker government has taken practical steps in this regard. She added that access to information was must for establishing good governance in the province.
This she stated while addressing a seminar on Journalism organized by the US Consulate in IM-Sciences University Peshawar on Thursday. The seminar was also addressed by Dr. Mohsin, prominent journalists Zahir Shah Sherazi, Farzana Ali and Ali Imran who also answered the questions of the participants.
Mossarat Qadeem maintained that media being a reflective of our culture, values and socio economic life, therefore, it should portray very positive and balanced picture of the society and refrain from presenting violence and aggression based programmes. She added, unfortunately, negative things get more publicity than positive ones in the media adding for the bright future of the nation, we should have to discourage this trend otherwise it would develop negative thinking in our new generation.
The Information Minister called upon the media related people to keep in view the national interest, sovereignty and integrity while performing their duties, urging them to adopt a code of conduct for themselves. She said that good and talented people were in abundance in the country and they wanted to do much more for it and its people. We should have to search such people and encourage them in their efforts to enable them to play their role for the country, she added.
The Minister continued, unless and until every citizen of the country play his active role, the dream of a prosperous and developed Pakistan could not be materialized. She said, for the purpose every one of us has to review his attitude and take initiative of himself.