- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 1 day ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 2 days ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 7 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 1 week ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Access to information is the fundamental right of citizens: Mossarat
Peshawar: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Caretaker Minister for Information and Education, Mossarat Qadeem has said that access to information is the fundamental right of citizens and the caretaker government has taken practical steps in this regard. She added that access to information was must for establishing good governance in the province.
This she stated while addressing a seminar on Journalism organized by the US Consulate in IM-Sciences University Peshawar on Thursday. The seminar was also addressed by Dr. Mohsin, prominent journalists Zahir Shah Sherazi, Farzana Ali and Ali Imran who also answered the questions of the participants.
Mossarat Qadeem maintained that media being a reflective of our culture, values and socio economic life, therefore, it should portray very positive and balanced picture of the society and refrain from presenting violence and aggression based programmes. She added, unfortunately, negative things get more publicity than positive ones in the media adding for the bright future of the nation, we should have to discourage this trend otherwise it would develop negative thinking in our new generation.
The Information Minister called upon the media related people to keep in view the national interest, sovereignty and integrity while performing their duties, urging them to adopt a code of conduct for themselves. She said that good and talented people were in abundance in the country and they wanted to do much more for it and its people. We should have to search such people and encourage them in their efforts to enable them to play their role for the country, she added.
The Minister continued, unless and until every citizen of the country play his active role, the dream of a prosperous and developed Pakistan could not be materialized. She said, for the purpose every one of us has to review his attitude and take initiative of himself.