- Despite Brexit Uncertainty, Business Schools in UK Continue to See Strong International DemandPosted 12 hours ago
- Validated with Microsoft Skype for Business, Patton Delivers Cloud-Powered IntegrationPosted 17 hours ago
- وزيرة النقل بالولايات المتحدة، إلين تشاو، تعلن عن مجلس جديد لدعم تسويق “الهايبرلوب”.Posted 6 days ago
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao Announces New Council to Support Hyperloop CommercializationPosted 7 days ago
- پانی کی ری سائکلنگ اورمینجمنٹ کے لئے قانون سازی کا مطالبہPosted 1 week ago
- Call for Legislative Action for Water Recycling and ManagementPosted 1 week ago
- ترکی میں کرپٹوکرنسی کے ذریعے جائیداد خریدنا اب ممکن انطالیہ ہومز کے ساتھPosted 2 weeks ago
- YPO Names Elizabeth Zucker 2019-2020 ChairmanPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Graduate Management Admission Council Welcomes BI Norwegian Business School Into GMAC MembershipPosted 2 weeks ago
- FXCM Arabic Celebrates 20 Years of Trading With 31% off Gold Spreads for a Limited Time*Posted 3 weeks ago
Abu Dhabi to host 46th session of OIC Council of Foreign Ministers on Friday
Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates, will host the 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on March 1-2.
The agenda of the meeting, to be held under the theme of "50 years of Islamic cooperation: Road map for prosperity and development", includes a number of political, social, and economic topics as well as the challenges facing the Muslim world and the follow-up on the aspects of economic coordination that will push the level of cooperation and raise it towards new horizons.
The meeting will be inaugurated by UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, in the presence of OIC Secretary General Dr. Yousef Al-Othaimeen and with the participation of 56 member states and five observer countries.
The friendly country of India has been named as the guest of honor in view of its great global political stature and its time-honored and deeply rooted cultural and historical legacy, and its important Islamic component.
The UAE welcomes this large number of participating countries and looks forward to a fruitful constructive dialogue for the establishment of cooperation programs that advance the interests of the OIC member states. It also looks forward to a conference that will strengthen the role of the Organization in promoting the bonds of joint Islamic action.
During the conference, which coincides with the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the OIC, the foreign ministers will discuss a range of issues regarding peace and stability in the Muslim world, in addition to the integration and cooperation among the OIC members.
The ministers will also discuss ways to enhance development opportunities and inter-cooperation by exploring opportunities for accelerating the pace of economic-cooperative development.
The OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) is considering supporting initiatives to promote peace and security, counter extremism, combat the exploitation of religion and hate speech through inculcating the values of moderation and tolerance.
The CFM will also discuss decisions related to economic, humanitarian, science, technology, informatics, legal, regulatory, media, administrative and financial matters, as well as the OIC-2025: Program of Action.
Source: International Islamic News Agency