- Rhotex Inc Launches Environmentally-Sound Options to Crypto MiningPosted 7 hours ago
- Virgin Hyperloop Unveils Passenger Experience VisionPosted 11 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 15 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 15 hours ago
- LeddarTech Announces Significant Growth in Customer Engagements, Partnerships, and Investment in 2020Posted 19 hours ago
- Top Pakistan Star Jannat Mirza is Amassing Growing Popularity on SnackVideoPosted 19 hours ago
- ٹاپ پاکستانی سٹار جنت مرزا سنیک ویڈیو پر مقبولیت حاصل کر رہی ہےPosted 19 hours ago
- Telefónica Germany selects Opanga Networks Inc for RAN OptimizationPosted 20 hours ago
- سعودی ائرلائن (سعودیہ) کوفلائٹ ہیلتھ سیفٹی کے لیے ہیرا اسٹیٹس ملا ہےPosted 21 hours ago
- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 2 days ago
SHC issues notices on petition against admission of foreign students
Karachi: The Sindh High Court SHC on Tuesday issued notice to official respondents in a petition seeking action against vice chancellor of Dow University of Health Science and principal Dow Medical College, who allegedly are giving admissions to foreign students in MBBS and BDS in violation PM&DC laws.
The petitioner, Maqsood Ahmed, submitted that vice chancellor of Dow University of Health Science and principal Dow Medical College were giving admission to foreign students on 100 percent quota in the MBBS and BDS in violation of rules and regulations lay down by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council PM&DC.
He alleged that both VC of university and principal were receiving huge money about fifteen thousand dollars per year from foreign students for their admission; hence depriving Pakistani students who could have availed these seats on merit.
He said that both respondents are appointed on the political basis and they are taking undue advantage of authority by awarding admissions to the foreign students by taking huge money.
He submitted that they both are defrauding the public and students who are eligible and liable to be given admission in the MBBS and BDS course and misusing their position.
Citing secretary Law and Justice, Secretary Health government of Pakistan, president and registrar Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, vice chancellor Dow University of Health Science and principal Dow Medical College as respondents, he prayed to court direct VC and principal of the college to produce the admission record of the students who have been admitted in MBBS and BDS since their appointment and take action against them.
Headed by Chief Justice, Mushir Alam division bench issued notice to the respondents and deputy attorney general.