- Nyxoah announces full-body 1.5T and 3T MRI compatibility for the Genio® system to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)Posted 23 hours ago
- JETEX EXPANDS ITS PRESENCE IN DUBAIPosted 2 days ago
- InvestorBrandNetwork (IBN) Recaps 2020 Milestones, Outlines 2021 InitiativesPosted 5 days ago
- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 5 days ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 5 days ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 6 days ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 6 days ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 6 days ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 6 days ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 6 days ago
JI demands voter verification in presence of LEA personnel
Karachi: Ameer Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) Karachi Muhammad Hussain Mehanti on Monday through a letter to the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Fakhruddin G Ibrahim expressed his concern over the ongoing process of voters’ verification in the absence of army and FC personnel.
In the letter, he claimed that the verification process of electoral rolls has once again been hijacked by Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM). He urged the Chief Election Commissioner to carry out voters’ verification in the presence of army and to stop the intervention of outsiders in the said process.
He further said the upcoming general elections will prove ineffective if the political intervention is not stopped in voters’ verification.
He reminded that the terrorists had already gunned down Hakim Mehmood Ahmed Barkati, the father of Mujahid Ahmed Barkati, Incharge Election Cell, JI District Central. The target killing of Barkati is a clear message of the terrorists to people who wants having voter list purged from fake entries.
He demanded of the CEC to provide permission letters and photo cards to the staffers of election commission and a personnel of army or FC should be with each team of voter list verifiers.