- JinkoSolar Supplied 17.5MW High-efficiency Modules to Fauji Solar Power Plant in PakistanPosted 6 hours ago
- Low Carbon on Cement Possible with CCSPosted 22 hours ago
- Biotalys Submits First Protein-Based Biocontrol Registration Package to the EPAPosted 1 day ago
- نینو،30 ټائمز په ذریعہ زیفیرټیل د حل په ذریعہ د مواد فراہمی ګړندې کوې۔Posted 1 day ago
- جیمن کئیر نے anti-SARS-CoV-2 کو بے اثر کرنے والی اینٹی باڈی JMB2002 کے طبی تجربے کے پہلے مرحلے کا آغاز کردیاPosted 1 day ago
- NANO Accelerates Content Delivery by Thirty Times with Solutions from ZephyrTelPosted 1 day ago
- نانو نے زیفیرٹیل کے حل کے ہمراہ مواد کی فراہمی کی رفتار30 گُنا بڑھادیPosted 1 day ago
- پھولو ایک پاکسنانی کسان جس کے لاکھوں پرستار ہے نے ابھی سنیک ویڈیو جائن کیاPosted 1 day ago
- Phoollu, Pakistani farmer with millions of fans, just joined SnackVideoPosted 1 day ago
- PMTA VERIFIED RELEASES UNVERIFIED BRANDS LISTPosted 2 days ago
Court: SC takes notice against suspension of DMG officer
ISLAMABAD: The Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on Monday took suo moto notice against the suspension of DMG officer Anita Turab, who raised her voice for the depolarization of bureaucracy by seeking the apex court’s intervention.
The CJP also constituted a two-member Supreme Court bench comprising Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja and Justice Khilji Arif Hussain, which will hear the case of Anita Turab’s suspension today (Tuesday).
Anita Turab had written a letter to the Chief Election Commissioner Justice (r) Fakhruddin G Ebrahim a few days ago, drawing his attention towards the ‘job-for-votes’ policy of the government. The After that letter, the Establishment Division suspended her.
Anita Turab had also taken a public stance against Waheeda Shah in the slapping case, the Islamabad ADC Maryam Khan’s premature removal, ex-secretary establishment Sohail Ahmad’s last year arbitrary transfer by the government for implementing the apex court’s decision in an FIA transfer case. She also had persuaded a case in the Supreme Court pertaining to depoliticization of the civilian bureaucracy.
Pakistan Tehrik-e- Insaf (PTI) had urged the CJP to take notice against the suspension of Anita Turab as she was targeted when she doled out of thousands of jobs to get votes which tantamount to pre-poll rigging.
The PTI in its statement had contended that the only reason for her suspension was that she had raised her voice against the government’s policy of dolling out jobs to get votes of the poor and needy people in the general election. The PTI had lauded her for highlighting the wrongs of her superiors and political masters.
The statement had noted that the government stood exposed due to the victimization of honest and upright officers.