All held responsible for Gujrat tragedy - Pakistan News Digest

All held responsible for Gujrat tragedy

LAHORE: Secretary General, Jamaat e Islami, Liaqat Baloch, on Monday, visited the houses of the unfortunate children burnt alive in Gujrat wagon accident, and offered condolences with the bereaved families.

He was accompanied by the JI Gujrat chief, Syed Ehsanullah Shah. Talking to newsmen on the occasion, he said that the provincial government, the district authorities and the concerned departments were responsible for the gruesome tragedy.

In fact, he said, there was no rule of law in the country as the government officials issued fitness certificates for the vehicles after receiving bribe and there was no check on the whole affair.

Meanwhile, Liaqat Baloch has impressed upon the newly elected rulers to provide relief to the masses in the budget by cutting down on development expenditure and overcoming the energy crisis.

Addressing a Shabab e Milli meeting in the Punjab capital, he said that unfortunately, the ruling junta had been making little effort to overcome poverty.

The poor were being denied two times meals due to increase in prices of essential items.

He however said if the rulers did not change their attitude, the masses, especially the youth would get disappointed and rise in revolt.

   

Related Posts

   

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply